Urgent Care Careers, Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - MedStar Health
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDIES
Position Summary: Randolph-Macon College invites applications for an inaugural principal faculty member for its developing Physician Assistant (PA) Program. This is an exciting opportunity for a collaborative, organized, and energetic candidate to join a growing team of PA educators and dedicated staff in the Department of PA Studies. As a principal faculty member, the individual will work alongside program personnel to develop policies and curriculum related to the program, support ARC-PA compliance, and participate in mentoring, instruction, and assessment of PA students across the 24-month program. The selected individual will serve on PA Program committees such as the curriculum committee, student success committee, admissions committee, assessment committee, accreditation committee, and inter-professional education committee.
Institution Information: Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of over 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
• Curriculum development, assessment/mapping and revision
• Classroom and laboratory instruction
• Academic and professionalism advising
• Remedial instruction • Student recruitment and retention
• Inter-professional education
• Development of principal faculty
• Assessment development and execution
• Ongoing program self-assessment
Professional activity and service responsibilities comprise the remainder of effort. This position is a full-time, twelve-month appointment. The position includes opportunities for clinical practice or professional activities related to the program.
• A master’s degree relevant to graduate medical education (MMSc, MPAS, MEd, or comparable)
• 3 years of clinical practice experience
• Board certification (without interruption) and a Virginia medical license or other state license and eligibility for Virginia license
• The ability to obtain and maintain professional liability insurance coverage
• A doctoral degree relevant to graduate medical education (DHSc, EdD, DMSc, PhD, MD, DO, or comparable)
• Previous experience in PA education
• ARC-PA or other accreditation knowledge and experience
• Research experience
• Publications in scientific journals
This position is a 12-month appointment with academic rank. Effort (part-time or fulltime) is negotiable. Salary and benefits commensurate with effort, experience, and qualifications. Overall compensation is highly-competitive based on 2020 PAEA metrics. Start date is negotiable and relocation assistance is available.
A complete application must include the following:
• Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications;
• Current curriculum vitae;
• A brief (one page) statement of educational philosophy;
• A summary (≤ five pages) of teaching accomplishments;
• A brief (one page) statement of research interests;
• A brief (one page) statement describing past, present, and planned future contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion;
• The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Completed applications should be emailed in one single PDF file to Olivia Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following Subject Line: PA Program Principal Faculty. For specific inquiries about the position, please contact Erich Grant (email@example.com).
Randolph-Macon College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
7-18-22 (2nd posting)
MedStar Health Urgent Care is looking for experienced emergency medicine, urgent care, or family medicine physician assistants/nurse practitioners to work autonomously with supportive physician mentorship. Providers are assigned to a region but can set preferences for their top sites within the regions: Baltimore; Western Maryland; Southern Maryland Region; and Washington, D.C.
MedStar Health is the largest medical system in the region, offering patients personalized care via access to the latest medical advances and treatments. Urgent care providers are supported by amazing clinical teams and through access to specialist teleconsultants. Fully paid malpractice coverage is offered along with many fantastic benefits for eligible full- and part-time providers, including:
Please send your CV to Physician Recruiter Ilie Cornelio at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s how we treat people.
Healthcare is changing and Luminis Health is growing! We are currently seeking an APP Structural Heart Coordinator/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in our Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, MD. Become that beacon of light and hope to our patients.
The incumbent will provide comprehensive, advanced, safe, satisfying and cost effective, supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on outpatient care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician; services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAMC.
Responsibilities will include:
We support our employees at every stage of life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits which include Medical, Dental & Vision, 403b w/matching, 457b, Paid Time Off (additional paid time off for your CMEs and CME dollars), Student Loan Assistance and much more!
The Next Step Is Yours! Pursue your purpose and let's work together to support our commitment of providing high-quality patient care for our communities.
For immediate consideration, please send your CV to: In-House Recruiter for Luminis Health System at: email@example.com or fax it to 667-204-7258
Since 1902, we have built upon our legacy as a reliable medical resource for residents of the capital city of Maryland and across four counties and growing. Anne Arundel Medical Center (non-profit) now serves a regional population of more than one million area residents. We are steadfast in our enduring mission to enhance the health of the people we serve. Anne Arundel Medical Center is becoming a distinctive teaching institution with Surgery, Internal Medicine and OB/GYN residency programs.
Luminis Health is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.